How to Make a Marketing Plan for the Rest of the Year
Yeah for summer finally being here. Barbecues, beaches, sailing and sun. It’s a great time to relax and recharge, which is vital to your business success. And, it’s a great time to do a mid-year check in on all those fantastic plans you set up in the beginning of the year. As you’re scheduling vacation and Friday afternoons out of the office, schedule some time to work on your business. My colleague Tara Gearheart at TMedia Consulting offers these tips to help with strengthening your marketing efforts for the second half of the year.
1. Analyze the past: The old English Proverb “You don’t know where you’re going until you know where you’ve been” reigns true in every stage of life but today we’re talking specifically marketing stages. How has 2017 been so far? Are you hitting your lead and sales goals?
2. Do a content refresh: Update your content inventory with fresh material. Make sure you include timely revisions to previous content. What may have been a great new marketing trend in January might be proven not to work in July.
3. Check your sales and marketing alignment: We talk all the time about the importance of communication between sales and marketing and it’s true. Make sure both teams are aligned for success.
4. Evaluate your progress: If you were graded for your marketing work, what grade would you give yourself at this point in the year? Do the activities you have planned for the second half of the year still make sense? Be honest, then make the changes needed.
5. Make an action plan for the second half of the year: So you’ve analyzed the past, outlined your content refresh, checked in with sales and evaluated your progress over the last 6 months. It’s time to put all of these findings to work and create an action plan for the next 6 months. The first half of the year flew by and before you know it, we’ll be ringing in the new year. This means there’s no time like the present to improve your marketing efforts.
Take the stress out of your social media and online marketing planning with Make Your Mark for Online Marketing Success. This online eight-week course that will transform your business and bring you more leads. Enroll Now
You will get:
-Weekly Guidance Calls with an open Q&A
-Assignments to keep you on track
-Newsletters loaded with tips and how-tos